Thursday, December 4, 2008

immix apparel

Objective: Create a business. You must create a logo, letterhead (including envelope and business card), packaging for what ever product your business will sell, and a website.

Solution:
I decided to create a clothing company. The company would cater to skaters and snowboarders. I wanted to give the company an east coast feel because a lot of the current companies that cater to the same target market are from California. I decided to name the company immix apparel. The word immix means to blend or mix together different elements. I thought this was fitting for a company that deals with different sports, weather elements etc. I chose black, gray, and red for the company colors to keep with the cold and rigid east coast feel. I wanted to have the unique shape of the logo echoed through different aspects of the project. For the packaging I really tried to bring in different textures that you might find in an urban environment. The shopping boxes are sprayed with an asphault and concrete type texture. The box handles are made from metal cable. I also made a metal hang tag and key chain out of brass, that has the logo etched on it. I wanted to take an unconventional approach to the website. I designed it so that all the page elements would fit on one page so you would not have to scroll down. This allowed me to move the navigation to the bottom of the page. The product selector allows you to pan from left to right to select a product or sponsored athlete. When a product or athlete is selected the large image rotates, showing a 360 degree view.


Letterhead



Packaging





Website






0 comments: