Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cetaphil

Objective: Create an up to date logo for the skin care brand Cetaphil. The logo must reflect the product and the tag line. The logo must also include a ligature (a stroke that joins adjacent letters).

Solution: When I think of a skin care product I think it should be light and refreshing. In order to portray this in the logo I used a clean and simple typeface. I also used a lighter shade of blue and green because those colors have a clean appearance to them. I also created the wave through the name to give of a light free floating feeling. This wave, along with the joining strokes in the letter E and T, also help to satisfy the ligature requirement.

1 comments:

VNG said...

That's pretty cool. I myself almost went to school for Graphic Arts but didn't follow through. I love the whole computer graphics and stuff but am not that well informed of all techniques and ways to do it all....