Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Jean Company

Objective: Create the name, the look and the promotional material (including hang tags) of a new jean company. You will create one name but create 3 different visual directions for the following potential markets.
1st market - young western wear - traditional market inexpensive price comparison
2nd market - young urban wear - new luxury market high dollar, high fashion
3rd market - global - jean companies n general are finally going global. The company purchases textiles and construction in China and India and would like to see a visual that reflects that. You must research each market to ensure you logo works.

Solution: The name I came up with was True Jeans. I felt that this name embodied individuality and would be versatile in the markets it appealed to. For each brand I created a hang tag and an envelope containing a authenticity card.

The paper I used for the envelope, card, and hang tag for the western market has a suede feel to it.


The black paper I used for the urban market has a rubber feel to it, and the silver cut out on the envelope is made from a metal screen.



I wanted to create an interesting envelope for the global market so I came up with a way to have four sides fold together to enclose the card and show the logo.


0 comments: